Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2: update

While I haven't made any applications, or at least not any considerable amount I still think that today has been a great success. I accompanied a friend as she was applying for a nanny vacancy. I had a little chat with the agent and she offered me a few answers to my swarm of questions. She was pessimist about what the future might bring on the job market, recession has been a great success so far, better than wars at burning excess money for sure.

Today I was contacted by a company located a few miles outside of London. They were about to hire my girlfriend as a programmer but we couldn't solve commuting so we had to turn the offer down, now it seems the coin is showing the shiny side, because they contacted me, that they have a job tailored for my CV. I answered a few questions about my approach to people and work and now am waiting for them to get back to me. There is one possible spot I can fail on and that is my spoken english.

No comments:

Post a Comment